Members please note that the 25m range will be closed to member use until the completion of the club's Anniversary Shoot.
The range will re-open for member use on Sunday 19th at 6pm.
A fun shoot for members will be held on Saturday December 15th at 1.00 disciplines on Club 50 Metre service range. This is a great opportunity to meet your fellow club members and shoot a range of firearms covering all club disciplines in a fun and friendly atmosphere. Ammunition will be provided and the following firearms will be available for you to shoot:
22 Standard Pistol,
22 Field Rifle,
22 Metallic Field Pistol,
38 Service Match Revolver,
38 Western action Revolver,
9mm SA Production Division Pistol
38 Super IPSC Race Gun,
38 Lever Action Rifle,
12 Gauge Shotgun.
Shooting will be concluded with a club BBQ which is included in the price of just $15. Tickets will be purchased from the club canteen and are to be presented to RO's on the range.
For some time the Committee has been considering the current and future role of the Club Manager. The Committee felt that over the past year, the Club Manager’s role had diverged too far from that of purely administrative support. At the April meeting, the committee formed the view that a change of direction was necessary. To that end, the Committee terminated the services of the Club Manager.
Klaus von zum Hof had held the position of Club Manager for the past two years. We thank Klaus for his contribution over that time and wish him well in all his future endeavours.
WEF 23 February 2012 Victoria Police recognised MISC as an independent club under the provisions of the Firearms Act. This happened after lodging a range
of documents that included:
- a copy of our Insurance Policies that cover all people whilst on MISC premises;
- a copy of our Statement of Purpose and Rules;
- a copy of our Club Calendar;
- a copy of Members Handbook;
Note: Victoria Police also approved our new member Induction Training earlier last year.
What does this mean? It means that:
- There is no change to existing club affiliations at this time, nor is any member's status with an affiliated association changed provided the member has paid the annual subscription to that association - either directly or via the club.
- Payment of VAPA association fees via MISC will remain unchanged at this time.
- We do intend to form more affiliations and or, develop Memorandums of Understanding where necessary, over time with the widest range of pro shooting associations / organisations reasonably possible. MISC has positioned itself to cater adequately for all legitimate forms of shooting in the future as they emerge.
- Members are encouraged to retain or obtain membership of at least one association, outside the club, that actively fosters a shooting sport.
The list of associations you may care to select from below is not complete, but is provided as a guide.
- Victorian Amateur Pistol Association;
- Target Rifle Victoria;
- International Practical Shooting Confederation (Australia) Inc;
- Sporting Shooters Association of Australia.
- Modern Pentathlon
- Biathlon Australia
21 March 2012